Published at the end of October 2015, the positions outlined in this policy handbook represent the collective decisions of over 65 GOGLA members. The handbook deals with a number of key questions, namely;
- How should we define and track energy access?
- How should we use public and donor funding?
- Why are kerosene subsidies harming the market?
- What impact does VAT and import duty have on our sector and its customers?
- Why do we need to see an increase in finance and investment in distributed, renewable energy?
- Why is quality assurance of our products so important?
- Why do we need to protect Intellectual Property and prevent counterfeit products?
- How should we manage product life cycles and recycling?
You can read the handbook in full by clicking on Delivering Universal Energy Access - The Industry Position on Building Off-Grid Lighting and Household Electrification Markets