SDG 7 Results' objective is to give 2 million people in developing countries access to renewable energy. Projects should contribute to the following result areas:
- access to electricity in homes
- access to clean cooking in homes
- low-carbon climate resilient development
- less gender inequality, in particular with regards to women and girls
- private sector development and employment
- mobilisation of private investments in the decentralised renewable energy sector.
In order to participate, the project has to be new to both the target market and the usual business operations of the grant applicant (too risky to implement without the grant), the project proposal must focus on poor and vulnerable target groups, who cannot be reached without subsidies, the applicant has to have at least 3 years experience in the proposed geographical market and proven financial stability and ability to finance the activities. To read the full list of requirements please visit the SDG 7 Results page.