We put capital to work for good. Our goal is to solve some of the world’s biggest social and environmental challenges by supporting competitive, high-impact businesses. We find and support great entrepreneurs and the companies they build. KawiSafi deploys patient capital and collaborates to build talent, deepen markets, and crowd in capital. We invest across the energy ecosystem to catalyze growth.
Dr. Amar Inamdar
KawiSafi Ventures (KSV) was created to unlock the potential of renewable off-grid energy as a faster, cheaper, and cleaner way to bring power to Africa’s energy-poor communities than extending the grid. KSV’s aim is to deliver clean, affordable energy to more than 10 million people in East Africa, at least half of whom are low-income, and displace more than a million tons of carbon, thus contributing to solving energy poverty while helping to avert a long-term climate crisis.
- Positioning off-grid as a priority in the global climate agenda;
- Knowledge/learning on impacts beyond residential energy access;
- Confronting human rights challenges in the solar supply chain alongside other industry partners;
- Promoting local companies/teams and offering additional visibility for underrepresented contributors to the sector
- Providing a speaking role at a future conference